The Materials Coordinator-Buyers position is based in Van Nuys, California. This position requires a basic knowledge of purchasing and inventory control with an ability to adapt with changing priorities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to procurement, organization and distribution of parts and materials, receiving inspection, processing of cores and management of purchase orders.
Vista Aircraft Maintenance Van Nuys is an FAA-approved Part 145 Repair Station, offering complete nose-to-tail, airframe, powerplant, and avionics care, maintenance, inspection and repair services. The company serves as a dedicated maintenance provider for the Vista fleet.
With a global presence, Vista operates from operational hubs worldwide and boasts an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and relationships with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
- Source parts and materials for aircraft maintenance and inventory.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to secure competitive pricing and quality service.
- Provide quotes internally and externally while ensuring profit margins are maintained.
- Manage purchase orders with vendors and suppliers.
- Monitor outside services for timely delivery.
- Pick up and deliver parts and materials as required.
- Conduct receiving inspections of parts to ensure compliance with FAA regulations and customer requirements.
- Process core returns to vendors.
- Ensure compliance with FAA regulatory requirements such as calibration, certification, shelf life, and parts quarantine.
- Conduct regular inventory counts and maintain minimum/maximum requirements.
- Accurately assign and bill parts to work orders.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the parts department.
- Provide support for after-hours "On-Call" (AOG) duties on a rotational basis as needed.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to meet business demands.
Required education and experience
- High School Diploma required
- Knowledge of corporate aircraft parts (Gulfstream, Cessna, Bombardier, Embraer) preferred.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and aptitude to learn customized company software programs
- Must be detail oriented and able to work productively, independently or within a team
- Strong organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to self-motivate, handle multiple tasks, meet established targets
- Salary and medical, dental, vision plans are available first day of employment.
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Career progression
We are committed to developing and training members of our team at every stage of their career. Although our standards are high, we’ll help you reach them.