Maintenance Controller is available in Columbus, OH. The Maintenance Controller safely manages the daily maintenance requirements of the fleet and communicates with internal and external customers all maintenance related events and outcomes.
Jet Select is an affiliated operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
- Safely manage daily maintenance requirements of the fleet in a timely manner
- Responsible for coordinating w/ SOC/OCC, QC, Customer Service, MX Vendors, FBOs and Flight crews on maintenance events
- Must convey high level of technical support to flight crews and MX vendors
- Responsible for applying and managing fleet MELs
- Responsible for building, scheduling, and releasing fleet MX work orders
- Responsible for building, scheduling, and releasing fleet detailing work orders
- Ensure data accurate and timely information is inputted with MX computer programs
- Ensure accurate and timely information is conveyed to operations for AOG and delayed aircraft
- Responsible for oversight and management of fleet during MX events
- Responsible for releasing aircraft for RTS in accordance w/ company and FAA guidelines
- Responsible for Airworthiness Releases and Special Flight Permits
- Ensures Fleet MX is monitored and completed in a timely manner, never to exceed governing time limitations
- Must work harmoniously w/ DOM, Chief Pilots, Managers, Pilots, MX Vendors, and teammates, as well outside OEMs and auditors
- Responsible for providing shift turnovers and reports of sufficient detail to ensure open issues receive appropriate attention and follow through
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- Must be a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills desirable
- Must have A&P certificate
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years aircraft maintenance control, maintenance supervisor, crew chief, avionics lead or equivalent
- At least 5 years corporate aircraft or regional airline maintenance experience. Specific experience on Citation X, Excel, 560 Series, and/or Challenger 300/350, Challenger 604/605/650, CRJ200, and/or Global 5000VFD/6000VFD, Global 7500, and/or Gulfstream IV/V/450, G280 highly desirable
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and task management skills
- Experience with CAMP, AVTRAK, CMP, JETDOCS, Corridor, EBIS, TRAXXALL or other maintenance specific applications is highly desirable
- Must be a clear and concise verbal and written communicator
- Must be able to work weekends and second or third shift as well as occasional overtime
- Must be able travel for training or other company requirements
- Must be insurable under company insurance requirements
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.