Pilot Simulator (SIM) Instructor is available in Columbus, OH. The SIM Instructor will provide classroom and simulator training to support Part 135 and Part 142 operations. This will include training program development, simulator support, and ground instruction for Company INDOC, as well as aircraft systems training.
Jet Select is an affiliated operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
- Develop and deliver ground training for new hire and recurrent training programs
- Print, maintain and distribute training material, handouts, documentation for students
- Present classroom instruction for pilots on any Part 135, Part 142, or XO/VistaJet training courses.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate programs to determine efficacy; administer performance and written tests in a fair, objective manner as needed
- Must be detailed oriented and complete reports timely and accurately, as well as maintaining up-to-date trainee records
- Maintain familiarity and knowledge of new concepts and innovations, changes in regulations, procedures and improvements concerning the safe operations of training aircraft; maintain full knowledge of all applicable policies, procedures, manuals handbooks and protocol
- If instructing in the simulator, must maintain all simulator instructor currency requirements under part 135 or part 142 as appropriate to the course you are required to teach.
- If required for maintaining part 135 instructor aircraft currency, must hold at least a 3rd class medical for the purposes of aircraft operation (if required).
- Responsible for conducting pre and post flight simulator briefings in a thorough, professional manner and in accordance with FAA standards
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have a strong background for instruction and training
- Obtain and maintain an appropriate aviation medical certificate (if required)
- ATP certification
- PIC Type Rating Certification of the Aircraft type instruction on
- Successful completion of RWA provided instructor training
- Professional behavior
- Maintain a 3rd class medical if required for instructor currency requiring operation of the aircraft
- Schedule – either 15/13 or Mon-Fri with occasional weekend work
- Must have flexibility to work 40 hours per week, including weekends and holidays depending on the course schedule and sharing the work between the whole team of instructors.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.