The Vista America Executive Vice President Fleet Operations will provide strategic input and contribute to the alignment of operations and overall business objectives. Oversee day to day activities for all Flight Operations departments, including Flying and Line Operations, Crew Resources and Scheduling, Flight Training and Standards. This individual is also responsible for implementing best practices in flight operations and will work closely with the pilots, crews, operations, and other departments to ensure efficiency in processes and safe flight operations.The Executive Vice President Fleet Operations position will be located in Columbus, Ohio.
- Management, oversight and responsibility for the performance of flight operations, and quality control, such responsibilities to include without limitation:
- Responsible for collaborating with the management team on establishing and enforcing policies and procedures that ensure safe and reliable operation of the company’s aircraft.
- Create and sustain a highly effective and efficient operational infrastructure that will support and scale with rapid growth.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel.
- Providing day to day leadership to each department that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company.
- Directing and managing each department to meet their respective operational and financial goals.
- Establishing performance goals, allocating resources, and assessing policies for each department
- Overseeing short-term and long-term planning and budget development for each department to support the company’s strategic business goals.
- Measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of each department internal and external processes
- Providing timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of each respective department.
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective flight operations growth strategies, and aircraft moment and processes for each department and for each departmental employee.
- Develop, organize, schedule, and facilitate appropriate training for departmental managers and employees and ensuring that learning is a continual part of their development.
- Maintain highly effective communication; consistently shares information in a timely manner
- Establish strong relationships amongst peers and company leadership and be able to manage a variety of personalities effectively
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and find ways to improve processes
- Team with sales and marketing to create innovative and highly effective operational support solutions
- Work closely with Executive Team to implement corporate strategic initiatives and integrate acquisitions
- Serve as a member of the company’s management team and prepare reports and other disclosures in support of proper corporate governance and control.
- Participate in growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
- Direct and support policies implementing, enforcing, and maintaining overall Company policies and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 15+ years’ experience and leadership roles in flight operations.
- Proven leadership and management skills in a high-growth and dynamic environment
- Keen understanding and experience meeting FAA and DoT safety regulations/expectations
- Dynamic and motivated to build relationships to help enable us to meet our goals
- Demonstrated performance in exceeding corporate outlined financial goals
- Long-term experience with KPI reporting development and possess a continuous improvement mentality
- Proven self-starter with an entrepreneur mindset
- Strong reputation of collaboration and innovation, and a proven track record of performance
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse multidisciplinary teams of employees, suppliers, government personnel, and consultants to achieve objectives in highly dynamic environments
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful, innovative, and agile with emphasis on identifying and quickly resolving problems in operational settings
- Internal drive and desire to continue to learn, grow, teach/mentor
- Must be equally comfortable working with company executives, government personnel, and in-the-field operations.
- Proficient in MS office suite of Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
Vista America is an operating partner of Vista, the world’s leading private aviation group. Vista America integrates a unique portfolio of brands offering asset-free solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation. The Group's mission is to lead the change to provide clients with the most advanced flying services at the very best value, anytime, anywhere around the world.