Maintenance Trainer is available in Columbus, Ohio. As the Maintenance Trainer, you will play a crucial role in developing and delivering comprehensive training programs for our maintenance controllers, including planners, parts personnel, and Return to Service (RTS) technicians. Your expertise will be vital in ensuring the competence and efficiency of our maintenance team in support of our premium fleet of private jets.
Jet Select is an affiliated operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
Training Program Development:
- Collaborate with the maintenance management team to identify training needs and establish training objectives for maintenance controllers at all levels and to a lesser degree Procurement, Material, Finance, Quality, and Planning as needed.
- Design and develop comprehensive training programs and materials tailored to the specific roles of planners, parts personnel, MRT, and RTS technicians.
- Develop a Technical Maintenance Training Plan for the organization to be reviewed by the respective department managers and approved by Chief Inspector and Sr. management.
- Responsible for developing an annual training budget based on the needs of the managers.
- Incorporate industry best practices, regulatory requirements, and company policies into the training programs.
- Conduct engaging and informative training sessions for maintenance controllers, utilizing a variety of teaching methods, including presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises.
- Ensure that all training sessions are well-organized, effective, and aligned with established training objectives.
- Evaluate the progress and performance of trainees during and after training sessions, providing constructive feedback, and addressing any knowledge gaps.
Maintenance Procedures and Documentation:
- Train maintenance controllers on the proper utilization and interpretation of maintenance manuals, job cards, and other relevant documentation.
- Educate controllers on the efficient utilization of maintenance management software and systems, ensuring accurate record-keeping and compliance with regulatory requirements.
Technical Skills Development:
- Provide comprehensive technical training on aircraft systems, components, and troubleshooting procedures relevant to planners, parts personnel, MRT, and RTS technicians.
- Familiarize maintenance controllers with the latest industry standards, guidelines, and technological advancements to enhance their expertise and proficiency.
- Organize recurrent training sessions to update maintenance controllers on revised procedures, equipment, and regulatory changes.
Performance Monitoring and Improvement:
- Collaborate with the maintenance management team to implement targeted training initiatives aimed at enhancing the skills and efficiency of maintenance controllers.
- Conduct periodic assessments and evaluations to measure the effectiveness of the training programs and adjust them as necessary.
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation maintenance, aeronautical engineering, or a related field (preferred).
- Relevant professional certifications, such as an A&P (Airframe and Powerplant) license or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in aircraft maintenance, with a strong understanding of private jet operations and regulatory requirements with FAR Part 135 or 145 experience.
- 5 + years of proven experience as a trainer or instructor, ideally in the aviation industry.
- Excellent knowledge of maintenance management systems and software.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Detail-oriented and well-organized, with a focus on accuracy and compliance.
- Ability to adapt training methodologies to accommodate different learning styles and skill levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Flexibility to travel, as required, to various operational locations.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.