Cabin Operations and Performance Manager is available in Columbus, Ohio. As a strong people leader, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, the performance management, support and welfare of the Cabin Host (CH) team. The CH’s are a remote workforce and engagement and understanding, is imperative to the success of this role.
Jet Edge is an affiliated operating partner of Vista in the US - the largest charter group in private aviation and the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset-light solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation.
Vista has a global reach with operational hubs across the globe and an expert workforce of over 4,000 aviation professionals. Vista's fast-paced growth and its relationship with the best partner operators open the door to lifelong career opportunities across the group - to create the best service in business aviation, in every region in the world.
Performance and Development
- Work closely with the other Cabin Operations and Development Manager for an aligned and consistent approach.
- Build a rapport with your team through engagement and be an ambassador for their development.
- Continually review performance and share feedback, to ensure a, exceptional consistent, customer experience
- Responsible for the delivery of your Cabin Host team annual appraisals and mid-year review. Using relevant systems and reports for performance management.
- Identify talent and celebrate success through promotional teams and ad-hoc events.
- Work to objectives to improve the department as guided by the Director of Cabin.
- Address any underperformance in a fair and efficient manner, in line with our HR policies.
Day to Day Operations
- Work with relevant OCC Teams, such as crew planning to ensure a smooth operation regarding the cabin host requirements.
- Support long term strategic crew planning where required.
- Build cross department communication and stakeholder management.
- Support and liaise with HR where required for case management.
- Follow HR Policies and Guidelines to effectively manage your workforce.
- Support and align with the Vista family globally where needed, to ensure a smooth and consistent operation.
- Oversee flight specific briefs and general mailbox support.
- Responsible for oversite of Aircraft stocking, inventories and Cabin Team uniforms
- General day to day communication with your CH team- approvals, sickness, general support.
- Coverage of Cabin phone and email on a rotational basis
- Responsible for any projects assigned to enhance the Cabin department.
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- Management experience required. Preferable experience of managing a large/ remote team and within Aviation or a luxury hospitality environment.
- Previous Performance Management experience preferable
- Able to consistently role model and be an ambassador for VistaJet and our values
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A desire to ensure high levels of service through your support and management
- Passion for coaching and developing your team to success.
- A flexible, positive attitude to support business growth.
- Committed to achieve excellence in every element of role
- Strong IT skills essential
- Able and willing to complete VistaJet initial service course and potentially a flying rotation of 15 days.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k program with company matching and no vesting period.
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance and Long/Short term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career progression
The affiliated operating partners of Vista are equal employment opportunity employers. The affiliated operating partners of Vista do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The affiliated operating partners of Vista also prohibit harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.